Leo, the king of our castle

Friday, April 15, 2011

Live Easter bunnies - don't do it!

Don't get me wrong, getting a house rabbit was a great decision for my family, but it's big a commitment and not to be taken lightly. With Easter approaching, PLEASE don't bring home a rabbit just because they're a 10 on the cuteness scale. There are numerous reasons why a rabbit may not be the right pet for you. The Bun Life blog has an excellent list of has reasons not to bring home an Easter bunny here.

Need more proof? Watch this entertaining and educational video created by a dedicated San Diego House Rabbit Society volunteer.

After my family decided to get a house rabbit, it took us 6 months before we brought him home. We were waiting for just the right time, and I wanted to make sure my kids were really committed to the decision.

The "Make Mine Chocolate" campaign also has some excellent reasons to make all of your bunnies chocolate or plush this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment